The story starts with Ubaldo Corsi in the early 1900’s who opened the first hairdressers on the existing premises.
Interestingly enough, he also cut women’s hair.People have been sitting chatting, discussing politics, football, funghi and the weather …. oh, and also being shaved and having their hair cut ever since, (with the exception of short periods when it was shut during the two world wars).
Corsi closed shop and went off to fight during the First World War, and upon returning reopened the business and kept it open for many years.
After the Second World War the premises were taken over by Giuliano Chiappa and in 1990 he was joined by his son Antonio, who continues the profession of barber and hairdresser to this very day.
Very little has changed in the decor of the place since 1926. In fact, Antonio still has the receipt from 1928, from the supplier in Florence – Fratelli Morandi, who supplied the barber chairs for the princely sum of Lire 475.